Upwork is a largest freelancing marketplace . Upwork offers wide range of jobs starting from $5 to $100k. You can find clients from different countries , Freelancers hailing from different countries. We can say upwork is like a community with all kind of people.
So it is hard to check the authenticity of people or client. As freelancer you dont know who is behind the client’s id . What kinda person is he. It is difficult to analyse any person by the chat or by the way he talk. So i am sharing qualities of best employer of client. It will enable you in differentiating real and helpful clients and crap and dishonest clients.
- Good clients always clear in requirement , They will discuss the job before awarding you or you may find job post very clear and point to point. They himself have good knowledge of work they are outsourcing. Some clients don’t know about technical stuffs but they trust upon you and your knowledge . Such clients are very good to work with.
- Good client always reply to your query regarding the job. Also he will chat with you for discussing the job or will ask you to add him on skype or call.
- He will clearly state the deadline for the job. So you can plan the work schedule. He will ask for daily progress report. So be prepare for that.
- Honest clients always create milestones or escrow the money. So that freelancer can work in peace.
- During job they will share their quick contact email , skype or whatsapp or phone number. So that you can connect with them anytime .
- Good client understand problems and would like to hear your suggestions. They even agree on suggestions or alternatives suggested by you.
- Good clients always cross check the job and ask for changes or they can even ask for replacing codes or design or anything which is a part of job.
- After getting job completed they will release the milestone or escrow.
- They will give you honest feedback . If you have done work successfully , a good client will give you 5 star rating with all positive review. Atleast 4.8 star is a good rating from any good employer.
- They will keep you in their contact list. They will often ask you for upcoming projects.
All the above qualities are vary person to person . In my opinion Americans are best clients i ever worked with. Some NRI’s ( Indians living in foreign ) are also good. Some Hindi – Urdu speaking clients ( from India or Pakistan) living in UK or USA are very good in nature. They prefer to talk in Hindustani ( Hindi+ english + urdu mix) over skype. They will become your best friends. They pays well , even they will give you bonuses . They respect you and your talent. Almost all clients with whom i worked with were excellent. only 3-5% clients ( 10-15 out of 300+ clients ) are not very good in attitude.
Always respect your clients. They will respect you. Treat all clients on same priority . Never lie with them. Always be on time. If you are busy with any work. Request him to wait by explaining the issues also clearly mention the time slot in which you can work for them.